Wednesday 3 August 2016

Diy pendant lamp with doilies



Hi everyone!
Hope you're doin' fine!
It's been ages since my last post but there are so many things going on in my life right now that it was almost impossible for me to blog about it (Nevertheless I do  tremendously admire people who are pretty busy but still manage to find the time to blog about everything!).
I promise I will post more in the future though, as I have lots of things to write about.
Anyway, the reason I'm writing this post is because I would like you to see one of my diy creations that I made about a couple of months ago.
It's a pendant lamp made with doilies (I used the ones my husband inherited from his aunt) and it decorates my hubby's mountain house for quite sometime now.
Before I started the project I asked Anna from inmycloset -who is a crafts guru and knows all the little secrets about  how to turn a project into a success-and she gave me some very helpful advice about the glue and the proportion I would use in order to mix it with water (This may not make sense right now but once I explain the procedure it will).

Now for this project you will need:

One big white balloon (The bigger the better!)
A pair of gloves (Cause things will get reaaal messy!)
Woodglue
Water (The proportion I've been telling  you about is 1:1 so that the glue is strong enough on the doilies but not too thick so that glue stains remain on them)
Doilies
A small paintbrush
A pin
A pair of scissors
A lamp cord (I used IKEA Hemma cord)
A light bulb (make sure it's a led one so that there is no high temperature close to the doilies)
Thread and needle

Now the whole craft is pretty easy:
You pumb up a balloon, you put it in a large bowl so that it will be steady once you put the glue with the paintbrush on it and then you put  the doilies in the glue.


After that, you put the doilies one by one on the balloon and you make sure there are no holes between them (that means that the one must be a little on top of the other).


Then after you finish this stage you put some extra glue on top of all of them for a better final result.
(Τhere was a doily left so -as you can see in the picture- I decided to put it on a bowl and make something out of it in the future).
You wait for 24 hours!Pleease be patient!
Then you use the pin so that the balloon loses air and after that you remove it carefully.


Tadaaa!You have a sphere made with doilies!


At this point you should remove the glue remains from the holes of the doilies with a knife so that the holes are clean.
Then you cut the top of the sphere a little and you put the lamp cord.
Finally, you sew the top a little so that the cord is well fixed on the doilies.
And there you have it!


A diy pendant light made with doilies!
Easy peasy!
Hope you like it..
Till next time!
xxx
Dimitra




2 comments:

  1. Είναι πανέμορφο!Πολύ θα ήθελα να φτιάξω ένα!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Είναι πραγματικά πολύ εύκολο και διασκεδαστικό Αριάδνη!Να φτιάξεις :) Φιλιά!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...